Sunday, January 20, 2013

More about Makeup

Okay, so, the first month of the year has been relatively easy with the continued routine of wearing lipstick on a daily basis.  I still haven't ventured into the territory of bold or vibrant color and, most likely, will not do so ever.  Red doesn't look good on me...hasn't really ever looked good on me.  I have fairly ivory skin with rosy undertones.  In the summer, if I have a tan, reds with gold or a bit of orange to them work okay; however, my tan needs to be complimented with loads of other makeup for the red to work - bronzer, eye makeup...and, that isn't "me" during the summer months.  Bright or fuschia-like pink work on my skin during the late spring and summer months; however, not as much as sheers, neutrals, or shimmers.  My hair is going its natural way - lightly graying.  Too harsh of a color appears somewhat clownish on me.  And, quite frankly, that kind of bold statement doesn't suit my personality one bit.  So, I'll be staying within my comfort zone and defining my own vision, or version, of classic.

About other makeup, well a quick trip to the local makeup mecca allowed the dropping of probably too much money on what will turn out to be a subtle palette of eye and cheek color.  I needed new makeup, as I pitched most of the old stuff during a move made this summer.  These colors, like my lip colors, are subdued in hue.  Light shimmery pinks, pearls, taupes are the shades I prefer.  Quite frankly, I enjoy having this light approach to my skin and the translucency of just a peek of color with the highlighting of what is already there.

By no means am I feeling or suggesting that I am perfect the way I am; however, I must say, confidently (and this may be the boldest part of me), that I am pleased with how I look and how I'm aging.  So, without the effects of too much color or being overly made up, I feel good in my skin with the lightness of a little enhancement only.

No comments:

Post a Comment